Recently West Bengal csc vacancy came out for Assistant professor for various course, this post is about WEST BENGAL SET ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, EXAM DATE, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, SELECTION PROCEDURE AND MORE .
Important Dates For WEST BENGAL SET
- Commencement of online Application — 16th August, 2021 (12 Noon)
- Last date for online Application and Payment — 15th September, 2021 (12 Midnight)
- Date of Examination – – 9th January, 2022
- For GENERAL – Rs. 1200/-
- For Other Backward Classes (Noncreamy layer)/EWS – Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/
Transgender – Rs.300/-
Do visit official website for more information- Click here
Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 9 th January, 2022 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I & Paper – II on the OMR Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
The detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet are given in Item No. 16. It may be noted that
these instructions will not be sent to any of the candidates by post.
- General/EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/ Scheduled Caste(SC) /Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD)/ Transgender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they (General/EWS) have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks [50% marks in case of
OBC falling in Non-creamy layer /SC/ST/PWD (persons with disability)/Transgender category candidates]. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee and qualifying criteria for SET as are available to SC/ST/PWD categories. The subject – wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC/EWS categories in
the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are required to appear for WB –SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of WB-SET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET/Joint CSIR-UGC Test which is held twice a year.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/document in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to WBCSC. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the WBCSC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or
foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should, in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.