As the cornerstone of Indian education, National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) books provide students with a solid foundation in various subjects. These books are renowned for their comprehensive content and alignment with curriculum standards. In this article, we’ll delve into the significance of NCERT books and how they contribute to students’ academic excellence.
SUBJECT WISE NCERT BOOKS
Subject wise NCERT Books, such as, NCERT HISTORY, NCERT POLITY, NCERT GEOGRAPHY, NCERT ECONOMICS, NCERT ENVIRONMENT, NCERT EYHICS, NCERT SCIENCE, NCERT SOCIETY.
The Role of NCERT Books in Education
NCERT books hold a special place in the Indian education system. They are meticulously crafted to provide students with a clear understanding of concepts while fostering critical thinking and analytical skills.
Key Features of NCERT Books
- Concept Clarity: NCERT books explain concepts in a concise and easy-to-understand manner, ensuring a strong foundation.
- Illustrative Examples: Each concept is accompanied by illustrative examples to aid comprehension.
- Logical Progression: Topics progress logically, building on previously learned concepts.
- Engaging Exercises: The books include exercises to test students’ understanding and application of concepts.
NCERT Books vs. Supplementary Resources
While NCERT books are comprehensive, they can be supplemented with additional study materials. Reference books, online resources, and practice papers can provide different perspectives and more practice opportunities.
What are NCERT books?
NCERT Books are nothing but textbooks issued and distributed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for all classes from I to XII. All CBSE students follow these NCERT Textbooks for their learnings as it covers complete knowledge about the subjects including practice sessions too. The other publication covers Supplementary Readers, Teachers’ Guide, Research Monographs, Books on Vocational Courses, and Educational Journals.
How to Effectively Study Using NCERT Books
- Read Actively: Don’t just skim through the content. Engage with the material actively by highlighting, taking notes, and asking questions.
- Practice Regularly: Complete the exercises at the end of each chapter to reinforce your understanding.
- Discuss and Collaborate: Form study groups to discuss concepts, solve problems, and learn from peers.
Supplementing Learning with NCERT Exemplar and Solutions
NCERT Exemplar books offer advanced questions that challenge students’ problem-solving skills. Additionally, solutions for NCERT exercises are available online, helping students verify their answers and understand the steps to solve problems.
Click here to Buy NCERT Books From Amazon Best For UPSC Exam Recommended Books
Reasons to Study from NCERT Textbooks
Students who follow Online NCERT Books and prepare for their examinations can cover the complete syllabus and curriculum in an explicit way. The major reasons that will help students to study from NCERT Textbooks are given below:
- Students can get a basic idea about the chapter before the teacher teaches in the classroom.
- Studying & Revision of all chapters can be done again after their classes also.
- They can easily make their own notes covering all important points while preparing.
- Practice chapter-wise topics by answering all examples.
- Remember to answer all exercise problems covered at the end of the chapters.
Advantages to Read NCERT Books
Students, Teachers & Parents who are not familiar with the use of NCERT Books can refer to the listed benefits from here:
- Covers basic to advanced learning options for all subjects.
- Offers in-depth knowledge in simple & easy language.
- Helpful for CBSE Students & also for students & learners who are preparing for competitive exams.
How To Download Free NCERT Text books PDF ?
You can follow the simple steps provided below for getting NCERT Text Books PDF Download from the official website:
- First and foremost, you need to visit the official website of NCERT ie., ncert.nic.in.
- On the homepage, under the “Publications” tab, go to the “E-books” section.
- Here, you will find various options – PDF, Flipbook, ePub for Textbooks of Classes I-XII, and e-Textbooks of States/ UTs (ePub). Click on “PDF (I-XII)”.
- Choose the Class, Subject, and Book Title. Tap on the “Go” button.
- Next, the NCERT book PDF will appear on the screen.
- Select the chapter that you want to study and click on the “Open” button against the chapter. The PDF for the particular chapter will open on the screen.
1.What Is The Difference between NCERT and CBSE Books ?
The Differences Between NCERT Books & CBSE Books as Follow,
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board is the governing body for all classes 1 to 12 whereas the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is the counsel.
- In India, all CBSE Schools make use of the NCERT published textbooks to teach the students in their academics.
- Basically, NCERT is also known as the publishing body or publisher for all classes textbooks, guides, study materials, etc.
2.Is NCERT hard or CBSE?
And NCERT is something that issues book, and usually these are recommended by CBSE for it’s study. For AIEEE, often NCERT books are considered enough for preperation while for exams like JEE Advanced(IIT Jee it’s previous name) you need more rigorous understanding and hence better titles.
3. How to download NCERT Books for Class 1 to 12 online?
To download NCERT eBooks Online, all you have to do is visit the official site ‘NCERT’ or else simply click on the respective class links provided on NCERTBooks.guru page and downlaod NCERT Textbooks online in PDF format.
4. What is the smart way to read NCERT books?
First, refer to the new CBSE Syllabus at the index page of the NCERT eBooks & plan accordingly. Pick the important concepts at first & understand the whole concept thoroughly. After completion of studying every chapter make some time and practice the solved questions & unsolved exercises at the end of each chapter. This can help you get a good grip on each concept as well as it let you score more than 90%.
5. Is NCERT enough for NEET?
No doubt, NCERT must be the go-to source when it comes to NEET as 80-85% of the question paper comprises questions from NCERT sources.
6. Is NCERT and CBSE books are same?
The answer is they are completely two different organizations. NCERT stands for National Council of Education Research and Training and CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary/School Examinations/Education.
7. What are CBSE books called?
These books, generally named as NCERT books, cover the subjects that are part of the CBSE syllabus for class 1 to 12.
8. Is Telugu Academy same as NCERT?
As it have same syllabus as ncert… The books of Telugu Academy are good. You can choose to study some of the subjects from them and choose others for other subjects. For instance, the books of Telugu academy are highly sought after when it comes to Chemistry, especially organic.
9. Is NCERT is enough for UPSC ?
Are NCERT books enough for IAS? NCERT books are a must for the IAS exam. However, candidates should also refer to subject-specific books (e.g. Indian Polity by Laxmikant) and keep tabs on the current affairs.
10. Which NCERT books are best for UPSC ?
These books have proven to be extremely beneficial in the case of students that come from commerce or science backgrounds.
- History: NCERT Class VI – Our Past – I.
- History: NCERT Class VII – Our Past – II.
- History: NCERT Class VIII – Our Past III.
- History: NCERT Class IX – India and the Contemporary World – I.
11. Is 6 to 12 NCERT enough for UPSC ?
UPSC asks many questions from NCERT textbooks. If you are an IAS aspirant, we recommend you start from Class 6 NCERTs. If you cover Class 6 to Class 12 of all humanities subjects, you will develop a clear understanding of almost all basic concepts. You should also cover relevant chapters of Science books.
12. Can I skip NCERT UPSC ?
You can choose any subject first and then, start from class 6 to 12 for that particular subject book. However, according to the weightage and simplicity of the syllabus, it is best to start with Indian Polity NCERT books for UPSC. … You can also skip the note-making process of NCERT books for UPSC.
13. Does UPSC ask questions from NCERT ?
UPSC still asks questions based on NCERT text books. For basic understanding of all subjects, NCERT is the best. Information provided in NCERTs is authentic and reliable. Written in simple language and easy to understand.
14. How do I read NCERT history ?
At first, go through the syllabus for both Prelims and Mains. Then divide the topics for Prelims and Mains exam. After this, according to your schedule, you should first finish the Prelims topic and then the Mains topics or vice-versa.
15. Which NCERT is best for history ?
- Ancient India – RS Sharma (NCERT | Class 11)
- Medieval India – Satish Chandra (NCERT | Class 11)
- Modern India – Bipan Chandra (NCERT | Class 11)
- Environment and Biodiversity NIOS material (Zip File – Use desktop/ laptop)
- Tamil Nadu History (11th)
- Tamil Nadu History (12th)
Conclusion: Your Academic Journey with NCERT
NCERT books serve as invaluable companions throughout your academic journey. Their clear explanations, illustrative examples, and structured content contribute significantly to your understanding and success in various subjects.