In this post of Important Reference Books For UPSC CSE Medical Science Optional we endeavour to provide you with the list of best books for UPSC CSE Medical Science Optional.
Here we are giving the important books for Medical science optional Paper I and Paper-II. This will help the aspirants with Medical Science optional for UPSC Mains.
The paper I of Medical Science optional includes Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Pathology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
Paper-II of Medical Science comprises topics like General Medicine, Obstetrics, and Gynaecology including Family Planning, Pediatrics, Community Medicine, Dermatology and General Surgery.
Books for Medical Science Paper-I
- Human Anatomy—B D Chaurasia
- Embryology from I B Singh;
- Human Physiology– Ganong; Guyton and A.K. Jain book
- Biochemistry– by U. Satyanarayana book.
- Pathology– Robbins, and Cotran
- Textbook of PATHOLOGY- Harsh Mohan
- Essentials of Medical Pharmacology-K D Tripathi
- Illustrated Reviews Pharmacology -Lippincott
- Microbiology– D R Arora
- Medical Parasitology- D R Arora
- Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology
- Essentials of Forensic medicine and Toxicology- Dr. K S Narayan Reddy
- Park Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine- K Park
Books for Medical Science Paper-II
- General Medicine textbook of medicine- S N Chugh
- Medicine: Prep Manual for Undergraduates- George Mathews
- Emergency medicine- S N Chugh.
- Manipal Manual of Surgery- K. Rajgopal Shenoy
- Clinical surgery- S Das.
- Pediatrics– Essential pediatrics by O P Ghai, Paul and Bagga.
- Practical Aspects Of Pediatrics- Dr. Mayoor K Chheda
- Illustrated Synopsis of Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases- Dr. Neena Khanna.
- Textbook Of Obstetrics-D.C. Dutt