In this post of Important Reference Books For UPSC CSE Kannada Literature Optional we endeavour to provide you with the list of best books for UPSC CSE Kannada Literature Optional.
Kannada is a language widely spoken in the state of Karnataka. It is also used in parts of Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Kerala and Goa. UPSC aspirants who have a good knowledge of Kannada can choose this as their optional subject for the IAS Exam. One does not have to be literature graduate in the language to be able to cover the UPSC Kannada literature syllabus.
With proper strategy and dedicated effort, it is easier to get a good score in the literature optional subjects in UPSC Mains. The effort takes to complete the syllabus and revise is also much lesser as compared to the other optional subjects.
In this article, we will list some important Kannada literature books for UPSC civil services examination.
Similar to other optional subjects, Kannada Literature optional subject also has two papers- Paper I and Paper II. If the aspirants are not graduates of Kannada literature, it is recommended to join coaching. But it is not mandatory. In the end, aspirants’ confidence and efforts matter.
- Linguistic History of Kannada Language-M.H. Krishnaiah
- Kannada Bhasha Shastra- R.Y. Dharwadkar
- Kannada Sahitya Charitre- R.S. Mugali
- Bettada Jeeva-Shivarama Karanth
- Madhavi-Arupama Niranjana
- Odalaala-Devanuru Mahadeva
- Devaru- A.N. Moorty Rao
- Janapada Swaroopa-Dr. H.M. Nayak.
- Janapriya Kanakasamputa-D.G Javare Gowda
- Kannada Janapada Kathegalu-J.S. Paramashivaiah
- Kannada Sanna Kathegalu-G.H. Nayak
- Kumaravyasa Bharata-Kumaravyasa
- Nambiyannana Raagale-T.N. Sreekantaiah
- Pampana Samastha Bharata Kathamrita-L. Basavaraju
- Shudra Tapaswi-Kuvempu
- Tughlaq-Girish Karnad.
- Vachana Kammata-K. Marulasiddappa K.R. Nagaraj
- Vikramarjuna Vijaya of Pampa