The speed of light and sound can be expressed in miles per hour (mph) as follows:
- Speed of Light (in a vacuum):
- The speed of light in a vacuum is approximately 186,282 miles per second.
- To convert to miles per hour, you can multiply by the number of seconds in an hour, which is 3,600 (60 seconds/minute * 60 minutes/hour).
- Speed of Sound (in air at room temperature):
- The speed of sound in air at room temperature (around 20 degrees Celsius or 68 degrees Fahrenheit) is approximately 767 miles per hour.
Please note that the speed of sound in air can vary depending on factors like temperature, humidity, and altitude. The value mentioned here is an approximate speed for air at room temperature and at sea level. The speed of sound in different media, such as water or steel, also varies.